Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Night Out!

Who is this you might ask??? Well, it is Jeff Flake, a congressman from Arizona and Billy and I had dinner with him on Saturday night.

You might wonder how we got hooked up with this established congressman, well, we attended the most beautiful and amazing wedding reception and sat next to him during dinner on Saturday night. On our way home, Billy and I talked about how we wished we both knew more about politics, but maybe we'll study up and be more prepared for our next big wedding reception!

The wedding reception was for Tiffani and Justin Nelson. Billy knows Justin from his ward before he went on his mission and he works at Todd's company (Todd is the dad of the groom). They are such a cute couple and the Nelson's are such a wonderful family it was fun to be there. It was a black tie event and it was so much fun getting dressed up for a party...it doesn't happen that often!

Here Paige and I are at the social hour between the ring ceremony and the dinner.


The centerpieces on the table were absolutely beautiful! I loved them and one of the coolest things was the ice sculptures they had by the drink station. They had several fruit juices that they ran through the ice sculpture that chilled them. Amazing!!!

Here Billy and I are the table waiting for the dinner to start. We each received a box of chocolates on our plates (the gold boxes). The caramel chocolate was to die for...I loved it!

The best part of the evening was visiting with a couple friends I hadn't seen for a couple years from the singles ward and visiting with family. Here is the family picture we all took before dinner...Billy and I, Rowland and Amanda, Uncle Bob and Aunt Shelley, and Paige and Glen. What a great group of people to be with...Billy and I love them all! :)

We had a wonderful night out without the boys, but we were ready to get home to see them after it was over. This reception is almost 4 years since Billy and I were married and it was fun to think back to our wedding and what a perfect day it was. It definitely was not as fancy as this reception, but it was a perfect day and I couldn't have asked for anything better!

3 comments:

Raising Twin Girls said...

You guys looked great. I am glad you got out and had some fun but I always miss the girls when we are out, not to mention that I hate being up late just to be out on the town and woken up to 2 little girls early in the morning. :)

Chris and Kristen said...

What a fancy wedding indeed, but how fun to get dressed up. That really doesn't come around often for sure! You guys both looked great!

Optimistic Girl said...

Hello, Cunninghams! :o)

I'm glad to see/hear you guys are doing so well. You two look great dressed up formally!