Sunday, September 19, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

For Labor Day this year, Billy had to work! :( He worked Saturday and Monday of that weekend and I didn't want to just stay at home, so I decided to load up the boys and go to my brothers house for the weekend. My nephew Fenton had his eighth birthday on September 4th and was also baptized that day too. It was so great to see my family and my Grandma Hill and to celebrate with Fenton his birthday and his baptism. We are so proud of him and his decision to be baptized.


Here is cute little Fenton. He looks so handsome in his new suit! The bible Fenton is holding was from my Grandpa Hill (Fenton was named after him). It is a Bible that my grandpa's dad gave him when he was a boy. My grandpa wrote the nicest message to Fenton inside the Bible about him being his namesake and making good choices throughout his life. Definitely the best gift he received in my opinion!

This is a picture of my Grandma Hill (86 and counting...she is amazing!) with all of her great grandchildren. Of course Marc and James are in the middle on great grandma's lap. Marc and James enjoyed being entertained by all their cousins. It was cute because some cousins like Marc better and others liked James better. It's funny how people have their favorites...but I don't...I love them both! :)

The weekend opened my eyes to how hard it must be to be a single mom. I love my family and had a great time and they were very helpful, but it is not the same as having Billy around to help with the boys. To all you single mom's I take my hat off to you and admire all you do for your children. I am so grateful for Billy and the wonderful father his is!

No comments: