Wednesday, March 31, 2010

So I know that no one gets out too much with a newborn...and it always takes a lot longer to get out the door than you expect. This is definitely more true as a mother of twins. I went to church on Sunday and it took almost two hours for me to feed, burp, change, pack up and throw some clothes on me (no shower, I had taken one the night before...I planned that!) without any help. Billy gets to church early for meetings and my mom was in D.C. for my cousin's wedding so it was just Christi, myself and the boys going to church together. Needless to say, we don't really go anywhere and so this is how we fill our days...

My mom was feeding James and he arches his back and has this funny face...he does it almost every feeding and it is priceless.

Here is a close up of that cute face he makes!

This morning I was feeding Marc and his shorts were low riding and when I looked closer, I noticed that his diaper was also riding a little low...This is a true mark of a Cunningham! Just after my mom took the picture...Marc had a huge blow out. Gotta love it!

Marc had his cute little feet crossed during feeding time this morning...so adorable, I couldn't resist a picture.

This week we took our first walk around the neighborhood! This is something I will be able to do once my mom leaves to get out of the house. The boys enjoyed it...cause they were sleeping!

In the evenings, I love holding both boys and having them sleep on me before I eat dinner. We were all so toasty and warm under the blanket. I am so lucky to have such sweet boys.

Aunt Christi helped out when my mom left this last weekend. She tickled the boys...that is her specialty!

She also helped feed...although that didn't last too long, it was nice to have her help for a minute.
So here are the little things that make my day, each and every day. Nothing too exciting or extraordinary to most people, but I love all these little moments. It makes the night feedings and sometimes cranky boys all worth it!

7 comments:

Melonie said...

I'm so glad you are starting to get out a bit here and there. Plan a walk every day, you will love the time spent outside and your boys will love it too. :D

Nicole said...

So happy you are enjoying being a mommy! I love hearing your adventures with your newborns. they are so cute! Gave me a good laugh about the Cunningham crack. :)

Chris and Kristen said...

I love the crack picture! Priceless!

Monica said...

Cute pictures, Kati! You look great by the way! Sorry I missed your call yesterday.. Hope we can connect sometime soon.

Unknown said...

Kati, You look FABULOUS!!! Your boys are absolutely adorable:-)

Sweating in the endless heat said...

Sorry the last comment is from me, Wendy B., I was logged in apparently under my hubby:-/

Kimmie said...

KAti!!! I can't even imagine how busy you are!!! That picture of you feeding both of them at the same time is priceless! You are a champ! I can't wait to see them again, those little cuties!