Friday, March 12, 2010

Diapers

***WARNING*** THE FOLLOWING POST REFERS TO A LOT OF POOP!


As a new mom, there are things that come up and you aren't sure what to do. For example, what do you do when you kid stops pooping? And what happens after not pooping for 4 days? Marc and James were circumcised this week (both did great), but after Marc was circumcised, he didn't poop for about 4 days. I was getting really worried day 3, after James had been circumcised and he had pooped plenty of times. At first I thought maybe it was because of the circumsicison and it was his body just keeping itself clean, but once James proved to be pooping, I started to get worried. I planned to call the doctor today if he hadn't pooped. Last night, I heard him grunting and thought that he was doing the deed. However, this morning at 7:30 he still hadn't pooped. I was seriously starting to freak out. However, from about 8AM this morning until 4:30PM, Marc had 5 poopy diapers and right after I took the picture above, he pooped one more time! Six poopy diapers in 8 1/2 hours...pretty good huh! That is what happens after not pooping for 4 days!

6 comments:

Melonie said...

It is super common for new babies to go through weird spurts of days without #2. My doctor always told me if it goes to day 5 or 6 then give baby an ounce of apple juice to help get it out and call if it doesn't happen by day 7. This will probably happen again. :) More big poopy days to come! You must be so proud!

Shelly said...

I'm glad the little guy got his poop out! My sister had constipated kids and the doctor told her to stick a q-tip with Vaseline on it up there and she said it worked so well and they would have to do that all the time. - something to try if it happens again.

Elise said...

Good thing he got it all out! That can make for a grumpy little man! They are so cute!

Blake and Audra said...

YAY for pooping 6 times! haha That is definitely scary though. I don't know what I would have done. Your little guys are SOOOO adorable. I want to hold them. Congrats again.

Monica said...

Oh man.. I can't even imagine changing TWO newborns poopy diapers right now! My newborn has enough blow outs to keep me busy! Good thing you are the most patient person I know! I wish I could see your little guys in person. They are so adorable.

Chris and Kristen said...

Wow! When all fails in the pooping arena, try giving them molasses mixed in with formula. It was the only thing worked for my nephew for the first 3 months of his life, because didn't poop on his own. So try it, if it ever happens again, but I'm glad he eventually figured it out!