Saturday, October 3, 2009

Three Years and Counting

So last week Billy and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary. It was low-key, but we plan to really celebrate when things settle down around our house (More to come on that later). As I have reflected over the past three years, I can't believe how quickly it has gone. I have to admit I have the best husband ever. I am so fortunate that Billy waited for me while we were dating to figure things out.

Over the past three years, we have had such a fun time. We have traveled to several great vacation spots including New York, Seattle, Lake Powell, Mexico, Hawaii, and of course to California and Utah to visit with family. I also am also fortunate that Billy has such a great sense of humor. I find myself laughing at all his random jokes and comments. I think it is his goal to make me laugh and I love it.

Here we were in California for the 4th of July in 2008. We spent the weekend at my grandparents ranch with the whole family and swam and had a great time!

We love the State Fair in Arizona. It's a great excuse to eat crazy food that you would only eat at the State Fair. Last year my parents and sisters came out for the fair. Rebecca, my niece keeps asking when she is coming back so she can go to the fair.

Here we were in Seattle last summer at the Space Needle eating a great dinner. There is an amazing view that circles while you eat.

Here we are in New York taking a carriage ride through Central Park. It was raining and cold and the perfect way to see that part of the city in that weather condition.

Here are a couple pictures as I reflect about our wedding day...it was the best day ever!


We have had a great three years of marriage and we are so fortunate to have a wonderful marriage! I am sure the next three years will be different as we are expecting twins in the spring...wish us luck! :)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Congratulations! We love you guys and think you are a fantastic couple. We are also so excited for you guys to have twins!!!!! It was so fun talking to you a couple of weeks ago, we must do it again soon. Love you Kati.

Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette said...

congrats... you need a separate post for that announcement! that is really exciting (and a little intimidating), you are going to be amazing parents!

Melonie said...

We are happy for you guys too. What's this about twins? More details please! Congratulations!!!

Elise said...

Congrats! We are soo happy for you guys! When are you due? You are going to be great parents!

Julie said...

I love how you just threw that in there at the end!!!!Dork! That deserves its on blog not just its on post;) We love you guys!!!

Chareese said...

And all of it came from visiting teaching! I'm so excited for those babies!!!

Nicole said...

Twins!! Congratulations! It sounds like we just missed seeing you guys at Uncle Bob's yesterday; we skyped Cody's parents later that night. They told us you'd been in the hospital. I hope you are feeling better and have a smooth pregnancy from here on out! Love you guys!

Chris and Kristen said...

Happy Anniversary you guys!

Monica said...

I too love how you just threw that at the end! I have been checking your blog wondering when that announcement (not to mention HUGE announcement!!!!) would be coming!!!! CONGRATS again. I am so happy for you guys. We need to talk again soon. :)