Monday, October 12, 2009

15 Weeks

Today marks the 15 week mark of pregnancy for me. We are so excited that things are moving right along...especially after our ER scare three weeks ago. I had a doctor appointment this morning and the doctor is happy with my progress and the health of both babies. They seem to be growing at the right pace and each weigh about a half a pound. Even though he is happy with my progress, he is keeping me on bed rest for at least another two weeks since I am still spotting. He isn't exactly sure where the blood originated from, but it looks like the blood clot in my uterus might have been at one point a sack for another baby. That means that I might have originally been pregnant with triplets, but if that was the case, the third baby didn't make it through implantation. That would have been crazy and I don't know what I would have done! I am hoping that in two weeks if things still look good, he will let me go back to work. We'll see though! :) For now, I am trying to enjoy my time at home stuck on the couch or in bed while I can since I know in about 5-6 months, that will quickly come to an end. We are very grateful for all our blessings and for the two little ones that will be coming to our family. Even though there are road bumps along the way, it definitely could be a lot worse!

Here I am at 15 weeks. I definitely feel and look pregnant and I'm only 15 weeks. I guess that happens when there are two babies in you!

10 comments:

Heather said...

You are so cute! :) I am sorry you are still on bedrest :( But I am glad things are looking good! Life is crazy right now but sometime this week or weekend I want to bring you dinner. And I get home by 3 most days so maybe I will bring Cason by to visit. I will give you a call!

Chareese said...

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! I'm so excited things are moving along so well! You are in my prayers!

Melonie said...

We are so excited for you guys! I'm glad you are resting it up and letting those babies do all their growing right now.

Shelly said...

Love the baby updates and I'm happy to hear their doing well - you look super cute!

Chris and Kristen said...

You look fantastic! I wish I was still there. I would totally bring you ice-cream and keep you company!

Unknown said...

You look fabulous! I still can't believe you are having twins my friend! CRAZY! I'm so sorry to hear you are on bed rest. What a bummer. But I'm glad to hear things are going ok. Keep updating us on your pregnancy! I love hearing about everything!!!

Monica said...

You do look so cute! I am so excited for you guys. I feel bad that you are on bed rest! I will definitely be calling you tomorrow. Too bad I am too far away to come and visit you! Congrats again though. So exciting!

Kimmie said...

I LOVE you guys and your twinners! They are gonna be the cutest little Cunninghams on earth! You're a darling prego, and I loved the anniversary pics of you and Billy! Let us know if you need anything!

Kerry said...

Kati! Congratulations! I am so so happy for you. Keep the updates coming. Yay for twins!

Nicoletta said...

Kati! I'm a slacker! I talked to Kelly about a month ago or so and she kinds of hinted that I should call and talk to you. I thought you might have some baby news, but then I never picked up the phone. Now I finally check your blog today and not only do you have baby news but you have double baby news! Congrats! I will be praying for you and your little ones.