Monday, April 18, 2011

Pat's Run

On Saturday, I ran in Pat's Run, which is a 4.2 mile run. My goal was to run it in less than 45 minutes and I did that! I was so excited and happy that I was able to meet my goal. It was an amazing experience running in this particular race. There were over 28,000 people that were signed up for the race and as I ran up the couple hills that we had to go over, it was amazing to look ahead and see thousands of people running too. I wish I had a camera to capture that experience.

I had a couple cool things happen while I was running...Pat Tillman was a football player and a member of the military. He played at ASU so as we crossed the finish line, which was the 42 yard line (his number at ASU), there were ASU football players there to congratulate us with high five's. It was a great motivator to sprint to the finish line. The second thing that was cool was around mile 3, I heard some chanting ahead of me. It was a point in the race when I was really pushing myself to continue running. As I ran, I got closer to the chanting and there was a group of soldiers running together chanting. It was an amazing experience to be running right next to soldiers. That moment motivated me and gave me the energy I needed to continue running hard.

I went to the race with 5 other girls (three are in my ward) and we all had a great time. After the race we were all talking about what our next run will be, and we came to the conclusion that the running season is just about over in Arizona...Hopefully, we will be able to run together sometime soon.



(Jenny, me, Stefanie, Ann, LaDawn and Danielle)
This is the only picture I have from the race. Jenny took it with her iPhone...so that's why it's blurry.

Honorable mention goes to Billy who was a trooper and took care of our cute boys while I was at the race and went out to breakfast! It was such a fun morning and I can't wait for my next run!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Congratulations on a great race and meeting your goal. Sounds like you did awesome and had enough energy to kick it into gear for the last part. Way to go. You should come up to SL for the summer, racing season is just beginning!

Unknown said...

You rock!

Kimmie said...

I am so proud of you! That is awesome!!!!!