Thursday, March 24, 2011

Zoo Trip!

The boys and I have been to the Phoenix Zoo several times this fall/winter. The boys are still a little young to know what to look at when I try and point out animals, but we have a good time getting out of the house and seeing friends.

Here are the boys (Marc and James) in front of the zebra's. Don't mind that their hats are on crooked!
Today we saw an anteater...You can see it in the background. Both boys I think saw it, but Marc is looking at it in the picture. I think this is the first time I have ever seen one...not the cutest animal ever, but very interesting.

The Jaguar was the highlight of the trip today. He was right by the fence and kept pacing back and forth. It is such a beautiful animal but let's just say I would be scared if I encountered one in the wild! The boys absolutely loved the Jaguar. Both of them looked at him and Marc even laughed. :)

Marc flashing a smile for the camera!

James is concentrating on looking at the Jaguar

And cute Noelle...she loves making the boys laugh and entertaining them! Marc is so interested in her bow/flower in her hair and wants to wear one too!

We are sad to see it getting hot, because that means we'll have to take a break from the zoo for a while. Hopefully in the summer the boys will be able to go on the splash pad they have at the zoo. Maybe we can be ambitious and get up extra early to go and see the animals too before it gets too hot!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the zoo should only charge 1/2 price on passes for people who only use them for half the year! We don't go at all from May-October.

Kimmie said...

That was a lot of fun! Your boys are so cute with their sideways hats! And they are totally starting to notice the animals! Man, I love the zoo!