Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Rice Cereal

Today was a big day in our boys little world...it was the first time they had food instead of only milk! Ok, so the food was only rice cereal, but a day before they turned 6 months, I figured it was time. We haven't done it any earlier since they were so premature and the doctor said they are growing fine without it and it is just so easy to give bottles. However, Marc and James are alert and check out all the food we are eating and they look like they want to try it. Both James and Marc sit up very well with some support (the bumbo chair) and so we figured it was finally time.

Here is the before picture with James on the left and Marc on the right. Aren't our little boys so cute? I can't believe how quickly they are changing from babies to little boys. Where does the time go?

Our little James is so ready to have rice cereal! This is the before picture...

Marc is ready to rock and roll...you can see he already has drool on his chest.


I love it...can't you see their personalities? James (left) is just chillin and Marc (right) is determined to get out. This is at the end of the eating session which only lasted about 5-10 minutes.

Here is our little feisty Marc. I don't think he was done, but he was screaming by the end...I think he just wanted to get out of that Bumbo. After a few minutes, he can't wait to move around again!


What a precious face this is...I love his little Goatee (sp???) made of rice cereal. Hopefully next time we'll get more to stay in the mouth. I love you James!

I have a video on my phone that I will try to upload later of them actually eating. It is priceless, especially with feeding two 6 month old boys at the same time.

3 comments:

Jeff and Heidi said...

How exciting! Looked like a fun time :)

Chris and Kristen said...

How fun. It is pretty fun watching their personalities come in, especially have two at the same age to really compare. I'm looking forward to that with this next one. It will be interesting!

Unknown said...

I've never realized how different your boys look from one another. Both so darling but so unique. I think James is a total mini Billy.

I loved started rice cereal with Charlotte! It's so fun to watch them figure out how to eat.