Saturday, April 5, 2008

New York!

This past week I was a very lucky girl. Billy travels for work, and he had a conference last weekend on Time Square in NYC. A few months ago, our friend Heidi suggested that I meet him out there and make a little vacation of it. That was the best idea ever! After working half a day last Friday, I hopped on a plan and went and met Billy in New York.

We had lots of fun. We saw Ground Zero and the memorial they were making for all the victims that died on 9/11. We saw the Statue of Liberty in the distance, but we didn't have time to take a boat out to it because we had tickets to see the musical, Wicked that night. We also spent lots of time on Time Square, in Little Italy and in China Town. Another highlight was having dinner with my friend Annalisa and her husband John. It was fun because we rode the subway over to their studio apartment that is about 30 blocks from Time Square (I think anyway....). After that experience, Billy is convinced that he wants to live in NYC and live downtown. I don't know...I told him he would have to get a really good paying job and we'll go from there. So Anna, maybe in a few years we'll be there too. I figure it can't hurt to dream right? We also walked up and down 5th Avenue. We spent the longest in Tiffany's just dreaming! My favorite piece of jewelry was a $45,500 ring. It had a yellow diamond, I think that was about a carrot and it had about .9 carrots of normal diamonds in the the band and around the yellow diamond. Billy is always asking me what piece of jewelry I want next, and I told him that one! We also took a carriage ride around Central Park. What an amazing park that is. It is so huge that it would have taken forever to walk through. I could just imagine how beautiful it would have been to be there in the later spring or fall when there are leaves on the trees!

Here we are on Time Square. I think we chose the coldest night to walk around until Midnight on Time Square. It was fun though to eat pizza (New Yorkers call it pie), be with Billy's co-workers, one who is absolutely crazy.

Billy decided that he wanted a new watch. Here he is bargaining with the street vender's and checking out his options! He decided his first Rolex is going to be a real one though! :)
Here we are in front of Ground Zero. It is horrible what happened there, and I got a picture of Billy with an absolute furious face as he was looking at the area and remembering what happened that day.
We took a tour of the city and saw many of the sites, like the empire state building, Ground Zero, the Statue of Liberty and everything. Look at how interested my husband was...he fell asleep on the bus!
Here we are on the bus together as we were touring the city!

Here we were together on the carriage! I have always wanted to go one one and it was the perfect ride!

I am very grateful for my husband and for all the fun times we have! We are so blessed and I am grateful that I was able to experience New York City. The only thing I would have changed about it would be to not rent a car, but to use only the subway! The drivers are horrible! They are ten times worse than Utah, Arizona and California drivers. I have experienced them all and New York is by far the worse!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks like you guys had fun. It makes me want to go NYC even more!

Monica said...

SO fun!! good for you guys for doing that together. I'm so glad that you got to meet billy and have that memory together. I love the pictures. Looks like you were able to see a lot and that you had a good time.

Melonie said...

What a fun trip! I've always wanted to go to NYC. Tommy "threatens" to move us there someday as well... which doesn't sound as much fun with two kids in tow, but I would love to visit. How did you like "Wicked"? I would love to see it! Thanks for sharing!

Chris and Kristen said...

Hey Kati!
I'm so glad that you had a good time and I love the pics. I envy Billy for his sleeping abilities! I wish I could fall asleep like that!

Unknown said...

AWESOME! I'm so jealous. I've always wanted to go to NY.

Isn't Wicked the best? I've seen it three times and could see it again and again!

Sarah said...

Kati! I wish I had known you were in NYC! I would have loved to have seen you! Did you LOVE Wicked?

Capitol Ward Canning Info said...

Looks like a blast! Glad you all had fun!