Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas and New Years

This year for Christmas, Billy adn I went to Utah to be with his mom and sisters for Christmas. It was my first ever white Christmas. Let me tell you that it was freezing and it snowed a ton. We had a great time though visiting with his mom and Dave, and his sister Jana and Anthony, Teighlor and Trent.

While we were there, I also got to see my Aunt Wilda and Uncle Nick and cousins Nicole and Steve and their families. It is always great to see them and when I am there, I realize how much I miss living so close to them. Billy and I were also able to have dinner with some college friends, Elizabeth, Kyle and Monica and Tommy and Melonie. It is always fun to get caught up. I was also able to have brunch with Laura one of my college roommates. She is a great friend and it was fun for us to hang out with just the two of us! :)

Here we are on Christmas Eve: Dave, Kathy, Tammy, Jana, Billy and I

Anthony got Guitar Hero, so I played it a little and finally got to Medium! (I never play video games and never have, so that is a huge accomplishment for me)

Cathy is also rocking out to Guitar Hero. Billy and Anthony are cheering her on.


We all got Cathy a new TV. It is something she has wanted for her home for a while, but she is the most giving person and puts everyone else before herself. We thought it would be a great opportunity to give back to her and to show her how much we appreciate all she does for each one of us.


So this year for New Years we hung out with our friends Rich and Julie and Isabella. We went out to dinner, played one of the only board games that Billy likes (Settlers of Zarahemla), went hot tubing and played rock band. We had such a good time that we were there until after 1:30 AM. For those of you that know Billy, that is amazing!
Isabella and Billy at dinner

Isabella and Kati at dinner - Isabella is such a happy girl!

Here is a picture of Billy documenting the time we left Rich and Julie's on New Years Eve. I don't think he has stayed up that late since we got married! :)


7 comments:

the little Vinings ; ) said...

Wow looks like a ton of fun! Glad you are back safe and that you had a wonderful holiday season!

Monica said...

It was so fun to see you. Wish we all lived closer so we could get together more often. Also, tell Billy I am impressed he stayed up so late. I will admit that I did not make it to midnight before falling asleep this year on New Years.. pretty pathetic, I know!

Unknown said...

You are lookin good playing the guitar.

It was so great to see you and have your attention all to myself. Thanks for taking the time to have brunch with me. I wish we lived closer so we could hang out more often. You're such a great friend!

Julie said...

boy, that is a cute baby? Who are her parents? They must be beautiful!!

Kimmie said...

So fun! You guys look so cute with Isabella! Way to go Billy for staying up, but I'm wondering if the clock was photoshopped cause I can't believe Billy stayed up that late! (:

Nicole said...

What a fun holiday! That is crazy it was your first white one. You have to admit, it is so beautiful, even if it is so cold.

It was great to see you guys at the reception. I wish we could have hung out longer. I'm serious about you coming to see us--it would be a blast!

Chris and Kristen said...

I can't believe Billy was up that late. That really amazing! Way to go Billy! Oh, and Isabella, how cute is she! What a doll. I'm glad to hear you had a good time with your family and friends during Christmas.