Monday, October 20, 2008

State Fair

This last weekend Billy and I went to the Arizona State Fair with our friends Heidi, Jeff and of course Maylee. We had a great time and watched the Crazy 8 Car Race (which is not as good as a demolition derby). Billy and I saw some people from our old single's ward so it was fun to have a small reunion.
The fair is really expensive, so Billy and I bought 20 tickets to play games and to go on rides. The 20 tickets got me one ride and Billy 2 shots at a basketball game. That was a quick $10 down the drain. I am interested to see how all the people spend so much money there. I had fun on the ride, and unfortunately, Billy's shots didn't go in (although the second one was close).

Jeff, Billy and Maylee are trying to figure out our plan of attack when we first got to the Fair
Billy and I at the Crazy 8 Race

Jeff checking out a deep fried Snickers. He didn't like it nearly as much as Billy and Billy was jealous that Jeff got one

That was the ride that Jeff and I went on. We were spun in circles and the arm swung us high up in the air. For all of you who know me well, I love thrill rides...even at the Fair!

Here we are as we are about ready to leave. It was a good time and will last a few years I am sure! :)

6 comments:

Julie said...

the fair is the best! And kati I am loving your hair longer!!

Melonie said...

What fun! I've always wanted to try one of those fried snickers but haven't had one yet! I hate how expensive things are at the fair too.

Chris and Kristen said...

Looks like you had a great time together! Maybe next year we will manage to go to the fair!

the little Vinings ; ) said...

I don't understand how people afford the state fair either! But it looks like you all had a great time!

Monica said...

Fun pictures! I definately think that spinning ride would have made me sick, but I admire you for going on it!! Can't wait to get out to arizona to see you and Billy! :)

Kimmie said...

I would not go on that ride if you paid me a million dollars! You are totally a dare devil1 Mexico was VERY fun!