Tuesday, February 5, 2008

School...

As many of you know, I work at the University of Phoenix. I have been there for 2 1/2 years. For these past 2 1/2 years, I have been an Academic Counselor. I work with the same student's and help keep them motivated through their program, schedule their classes and answer any questions they may come across throughout their program. I have been doing this for a while, and I have decided that I am such a hypocrite. I started a program online about 1 1/2 ago, dropped out after Billy and I got married, then "started" back again last spring, but dropped out for the second time. It has almost been a year since I have completed a course, and that is just ridiculous! Especially since I try to keep people IN school!

But since it is still towards the beginning of 2008, I have made a new goal. I have started class TODAY!!!! and I will not stop until I have finished my degree. I can be done in about a year if I got straight through. I think it is ridiculous that I haven't stayed in there...especially since school is free for me!

I have changed my program once again, but for the last time. I have changed to education with an emphasis in curriculum and instruction in math. I figure I spend time at work tutoring my student's through math, so why not get paid for it. I plan to tutor elementary, junior high and high school student's in math once I quit my job and have kids (unless Billy strikes it rich, then we won't need my tutoring salary). I know that I will be more credible with a degree in math, and not just PE! Wish me luck! It is difficult to work full time and be in school, but it needs to be done! :o)

6 comments:

Monica said...

good for you kati!!!! you will be so happy when it is all over with and you are almost there... and you will make a great tutor! i think it is a wonderful idea and a perfect time before you have kids!!

Heather said...

Way to go Kati! We will probably finish around the same time, so we can keep each other motivated! :) Oh, and I did the elliptical tonight for 45 minutes. I am so proud of myself! Back in the swing of things...!!!

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous and so proud of you Kati! You were always a smartie pants in math. I know you can finish it!! I'm so impressed with all you are doing!

Heather said...

I am right there with you. I finally told Ryan this last fall when the boys started school, that I was tired of working on my degree. So, I am working hard to get it done in time for August's graduation; this summer!!! I can hardly believe I am finally this close.

Monica said...

hey there kati. i tagged you!

Melonie said...

Good work Kati! Way to "practice what you teach!" :D Keep up the hard work! Some days I wish I could go back to school... then I remember how awful it all is and I'm glad I get to stay home with an adorable kid. :D