Wednesday, January 30, 2008

More Suns Fun!

Last night Billy and I had the opportunity to meet another one of my student's that I work with at University of Phoenix. I work on the professional athlete team, so I have the opportunity to work with athletes and family members of athletes. One of my student's plays basketball for the Atlanta Hawks. He has been in the NBA for 11 years, and was originally selected as the 7th pick in the first round in 1996. He was selected before Steve Nash (our own superstar in Phoenix) and Kobe Bryant. He is getting his degree so he can coach high school basketball after he retires from the NBA. Do we have any guesses of who my student is??? Let me help...We met Lorenzen Wright last night! He hooked us up with some tickets and backstage passes. He was such a down to earth guy and Billy and I think we could handle hanging out with him.

As you can tell, he is TALL! He is 6'11 and makes us both look short. Billy loved his shoes and I liked his diamond earrings and we both liked his pink tie. He is definitely a sharp dresser!

Unfortunately, he hurt his knee in practice so he wasn't able to play. He sat with the team during the first half of the game, but we didn't see him in the second half. We asked him where he went and he said he was embarrassed by the score. He said he couldn't handle watching the killing the Suns were giving them. What can you expect from the top team in the West though?

We had a great time and were very grateful for Lorenzen's generosity! We are so blessed!

3 comments:

Nicoletta said...

Kati!! Now I get to stalk you! I saw your post on Heather's blog so I stopped by to check yours out. So fun to hear about life and to see pictures of your family.

The Pittson Family said...

hey kati! it's adrienne. i found you through laura, and i'm so glad! how's life?

Unknown said...

That's so cool Kati! Looks like you had an excellent time. I also like his pink tie.

Can I tell you again, how fun to was to see you a couple weeks ago? We loved it! Thanks for being so good to us!