Sunday, January 13, 2008

SuperCross!

Working at the University of Phoenix, I work with a lot of students and build a lot of great relationships. Yesterday I had the opportunity to meet one of my students. Sony is the mother of James (Bubba) Stewart, the best supercross and motocross racer these days. Myself, Billy, and two of my coworkers and their spouses were able to meet Sonya. She got us tickets and pit passes for the race. It was my first time at a supercross race, and it was intense! It was crazy how many crashes happen right at the beginning during the very first turn. Those riders also get so high in the air, that I swear that all their bones would crumble is they fell.
Here we are with Sonya. She is in the middle with the fox hoodie on (go figure...it's one of their sponsors....must be nice!) Annabelle is on the other side of Sonya and Tim is in the back. Annabelle enrolled Sonya and Tim is the finance counselor I work with. We talked with Sonya for almost an hour which was unexpected and really fun. We figured that she would have other things to do, but she was just working on school work in the Stewart Trailer!

Here is us hanging out!

There were small kids who hope to be Supercross racers some day that raced. They were so cute!
Here is the starting line! Geez they go so fast, they are blurry with my camera!


That's our rider James Stewart! He won the 250 race! It always makes it more fun why your guy wins and he won by quite a bit. He really is the best in the business now.

We are excited because Sonya said anytime we want tickets at any race, to let her know....She was talking about us going to Vegas....she might regret that offer later. I had tons of fun and hope to go to another race soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a blast! I love those kinds of events!

Unknown said...

That is awesome. I love the little kid races. I think I saw "Bubba" on deal or no deal last week. The contestant was a big fan of his so they had him on.