Monday, July 21, 2008

Summer Vacation!

This summer, Billy and I had the opportunity to go back to Seattle. We visited a little over two years ago for my birthday. We had a great time and loved the city of Seattle. This time though, it was different...the sun was shinning! :) We could not have asked for a better weekend. It was nice to get away from 110 degree weather and relax in the perfect summer climate of Seattle. We were lucky that my parents were able to come with us. We had a great time seeing the sites and spending time with one another.
This was actually the picture on the way back from Bainbridge Island...Billy had to hold his shirt down because of the wind. There was a lady out there that was wearing a short skirt that I was afraid was going to blow up...Thankfully it didn't!


We took a walk along the water front on Bainbridge Island. It was a nice little path along the water that we practically had for ourselves.

While we were crossing a bridge on the waterfront walk, we saw this little raccoon. He was so close to us, it was amazing!


Honestly, the best part about going to Bainbridge Island was the ferry ride and the virgin strawberry daquiries that we had. From the ferry you get this amazing view of the city. The pictures don't do it justice!


Here are mom and dad battling the wind! :)



We went and saw Snoqualimy Falls one afternoon. It was absolutely beautiful! It was amazing how forceful the water is and how standing on the lookout point you could feel the mist from the water hitting the water below!

The waterfall and me!

We went on a lakes tour one afternoon and went around Lake Washington and Lake Union. It is amazing how many ridiculous houses are on the lake. Billy and I had a good time dreaming! This is part of Bill Gates Estate...We drove by it a couple days later on the road, and it was very, very secluded. I don't need a house that big, but it would be nice to have all the foliage to separate us from our neighbors


Those are some stairs from the lake up to someones house. Many of the houses have put in electric transportation up the hill. The tracks for that are on the right.


Billy and me in Pioneer's Square. This is a beautiful square in Seattle with lots of history.

Billy (being silly) and Mom and Dad in Pioneer Square before the Underground Tour


Billy and I love Seattle, but let's just say there are some interesting people there...I wonder how long she has been growing her mullet

Wouldn't that be nice, if that was how cheap lodging was? You could get a room there until the 1970's. Crazy how much inflation has increased in Seattle. I would say it is as expensive as California if not more expensive

Here is a picture of Billy and I in the Underground Tour...We are actually underground in an old bar. This is an old door that used to be used as an entrance until they built around the old city


They have sky lights in the side walk on ground level for the Underground "sidewalks". It was amazing how they didn't look like this from the top looking down. They looked dark and almost solid.

Billy loves this picture. It is the first krapper and sink that the city of Seattle had

The original water system used wooden pipes that carried water into the city and carried waste out of the city (yes it carried sewage from the toilets)...can you imagine how much these wooden pipes made the city smell. I couldn't imagine it! Thank goodness for plastic pipes and metal pipes now days.

Here is the entrance to an old business underground

We took a trip to the Seattle Temple. Someday, I would like to do a session in every temple in the United States...So I figured I should probably start now cause there are a lot!


Me and Mom

Me and Dad

Angel Moroni! :)

We went to the Space Needle for dinner one night. We had a great dinner and loved the view. Last time, it was cloudy, raining and windy. Since it was windy, the needle swayed back and forth. Billy was very excited that it was stable this time and we all were happy that we had a beautiful view!

The Space Needle


Billy and Me
Downtown Seattle
Mount Rainier...How beautiful

We had a great trip and have many wonderful memories with one another. If anyone needs a summer vacation idea...go to Seattle!

8 comments:

Chris and Kristen said...

These are awesome pictures Kati! The falls are beautiful and I love the crapper and sink pictures. That is crazy. I didn't realize how much history Seattle had. What a fascinating city it would be to visit. I'm glad the lady's dress didn't blow up either. Yikes!

Melonie said...

What an awesome trip! I want to go to Seattle! Will you come watch our kids for us so we can get away? :D Thanks for sharing all the photos. The waterfall was beautiful and yes, I'll take a house on the lake with an electric stair case to the water please. Hope you're staying a little cool in Arizona!

Chris and Kristen said...

Love the mullet picture. That is hilarious! I also love the new blog layout!

Heather said...

I am putting Seattle on my list of "to do's" before I die. It looks like a lot of fun.

the little Vinings ; ) said...

Ohhh, I am so jealous! Looks like you all had a great time, I have a list of cities and places that I want to visit and Seatle is near the top! I am glad to see you all enjoyed it, and that you are having a great summer!

Kimmie said...

Love the pictures, love the trip, LOVE THE MULLET!
I actually had one myself...in ninth grade!!!! Thanks stepmom for experimenting on my hair!

Jon and Annalisa said...

How fun! I wanted to live in Seattle once upon a time, but I ended up out here instead. It's great to see pictures of your parents! Looks like you all had a great time. I like your temple goal. You're cool.

Jeff and Heidi said...

I love Seattle! We weren't fortunate enough to see a mullet when we were there.