Saturday, April 25, 2009

My New Team

About a week ago and a half ago, I found out which team I will be the manager for at work. From what I had heard previously, I assumed it was going to be a newer team that was just formed because of growth within our division. However, a week ago Wednesday, I found out that I was to be the manager of my own team. The previous manager had the opportunity to manage a beta group of counselors and the director team thought it would be natural to slide me into my current team. It will be an interesting transition from working as a co-worker to now being the manager. I started this on Thursday when I returned from New York and I feel that the transition is going well. So keep your fingers crossed.

My team is very thoughtful too...we all went out to breakfast a week from Thursday with the old manager and the team got the old manager (Julie) and I flowers and a card. We also took a team picture and they put it in a frame for Julie and me. I am fortunate because I know that most of the counselors want to be successful and are very hard working!


Here are the flowers and card they got for me...I just wish I was around to enjoy them instead of leaving for NYC that afternoon!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Hey! So my cousin is on your manager's new team. She is doing the enrollment/academic position they are trying out, right? She told me today her manager was Julie. How funny!!! Congrats again :)

The Hills... said...

Kati, CONGRATS! I'm so happy for you and so relieved that your hard work was finally recognized. Good luck!

Julie and Rich Newell said...

Hey I have been meaning to call you for some time now to say congrats and you are the most deserving person I know of all that is good in life, especially more mone!! But I am a bad friend! we need to hang out! how was New York and why did you go??

Chris and Kristen said...

That is so sweet of them to do that for you. I wish you luck with that and be sure to have a blast in New York for me! Chris and I have yet to have a vacation for ourselves taht doesn't involve family plans. One day!

Kimmie said...

Yay!!! You will do an amazing job! Who wouldn't love you as their manager! You are the best ever!