Friday, June 27, 2008

Busy Week!

You might wonder why my blogging has slowed down a little this year...I think about posting all the cool things we do, but never seem to have the time. This past week is a good example. I threw a bridal shower for my good friend Andrea, had our quarterly Enrichment meeting, am teaching the lesson on Sunday in Relief Society and had to prepare for those three large events all this week. Andrea is a friend of mine from BYU. We lived on the same floor our freshman year, but we really didn't become too close that first year. That following year, she ended up living with Monica, Kerry, Laura and I as well as Katie Bowman. We all had a great sophomore year. During our Junior year, Andrea moved out and moved in with some other girls in our ward. She moved a flight of stairs away from us, so she was within 20 ft of our front door. During my Senior year, I moved to another apartment complex. Andrea also moved into the same complex, but lived in a different ward. I graduated that year, and Andrea stayed another year to finish up her program. I got a job teaching in Phoenix, moved down here and a year later Andrea got a job teaching music, band and strings in the same school district that I taught in. It was always fun to have Andrea so close. She has such a great personality and can really just make you laugh. She lived with me for a while in Phoenix after I bought my house and before I got married. We have had many times over the years and I was honored to throw Andrea a Bridal Shower. She is getting married in August and is moving to Virginia with her man. I do not plan on moving there, so I think this will end our 8 years of living so close to one another. We had fun at her bridal shower! Here are some pictures from it:

Andrea and I


Watch out Ken...She is ready!

Good luck Andrea on the new chapter in your life. Being married is the best...I am proud of you for taking the plung and tying the knot.
In addition to all the happenings going on, there has been a fire burring for the past 3-4 days way too close to my house! It is burning on the mountains behind our house about 1-2 miles away. I took some pictures after Andrea's bridal shower and you can see how red the sky way. I think it was a reflection of the flames on the smoke. It is still very smokey..and still burning!




4 comments:

Capitol Ward Canning Info said...

Wow, that is a busy week! Well I think that you are an awsome friend for throwing a bridal shower, and still having the energy to come to our home... let alone your callings of teaching (which you are awsome at), and the totally great auction! Thanks Katie for the great work that you put into everything in RS!

Monica said...

Congrats Andrea! Sad I missed the shower. Looks like fun. Kati, you are so great to throw the good showers.. I still remember the one you threw for me! I cannot believe that you two have lived near each other for 8 years! That is a long time. I LOVED those times we all lived together. I miss it sometimes! Hope to see you in August. I am still planning on coming out!

Chris and Kristen said...

That is a busy week Kati! It looks like you had a good time at the bridal shower. Your are such a great friend. Thanks for everything!

Unknown said...

I wish I could have been there. Andrea is the best and I couldn't be happier for her!