Friday, November 30, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend!

This year, Billy and I spent Thanksgiving in Arizona. We had a great weekend and did a couple fun things! Thanksgiving started out with me running a 5K race. It was the first annual Turkey Trot in my very own town of Laveen. I hadn't really trained for it, and I don't usually run 3 miles, however, I surprised myself and did better than I thought.



This is my friend Heather. We go running a few times a week together and that was the only training we had!


Here is a picture of me making it across the finish line. My time wasn't anything special for a runner, but I don't consider myself to be a runner and since I hadn't really trained for it, I was very proud of myself. I will say that it felt so good to cross the finish line. I think I understand a little bit why people like to run long races. It's something that you work hard to finish and it feels good when you do! I am waiting to see if I get accepted for a half marathon in March....and if I do, that will be interesting. I am going to continue to run and try and enter a 10K race here soon!


J and his kids came to visit on Friday after Thanksgiving. Billy and I took them to the park that is down the street. We had a lot of fun feeding the ducks. The kids scared us all, because they were so close to the edge and the water is NOT clean!

Here is Fenton and I going down the slide at the park. I will tell you that kids really do take a lot of energy out of you. It amazes me how much energy Fenton has and how long he can play really, really hard!

We had a really great Thanksgiving weekend. I had so much fun, I got a sore throat and lost my voice this week. I guess all the long hours of talking on the phone got to me. I am excited to have a more relaxing weekend and getting better.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY for the Turkey Trot! I'm so proud of you! Running race is so fun! I hope we get into the Moab Half! I'm glad you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Melonie said...

We must have caught the same bug!!! I had a sore throat and couldn't talk all Thanksgiving weekend too! We went to the big BYU vs. U of U game and every time Tommy was yelling and screaming, I would jump up and down and pretend to yell. :D It was still a blast though.